Summary/Minutes for Wednesday's FESCo meeting (2012-12-05)

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 16:54:51 UTC 2012

Dne 6.12.2012 17:02, Tomas Mraz napsal(a):

>>> Well done! Thank you.

>>> Now the rest of the change: "The feature is automatically accepted (no FESCo
>>> involved at all) after one week if there is no negative feedback on ML.
>>> Otherwise it must be evaluated by FESCo."
>> At the least, that should be rephrased.  Negative feedback isn't the
>> thing you really want to trigger off of.  It's more "if there is no
>> significant discussion" or something similar.  You can have something
>> with a lot of positive discussion that is still a large and invasive
>> Feature that should be reviewed by FESCo.
> Let's rephrase it:
> The feature is automatically accepted (no FESCo involved at all) after
> one week if the submitter of feature or anybody else explicitly does not
> ask for FESCo review and approval.

This is definitely better wording.

>> Also, there was dissent already in the "auto-approving" of leaf-features
>> during the meeting discussion so I am not sure that auto-accepting of
>> Features in general given a lack of response is ever going to actually
>> happen.  I personally wouldn't vote for it.

This proposal entirely avoids discussion of "leaf-features", "self
contained features" or "complex features with system-wide impact" since
there will never by any reasonable metrics you can apply to decide. If
you can't decide what feature you are dealing with, how you want to
judge if FESCo should be approving it or not.

If some FESCo member thinks that is should be approved by FESCo, s/he
still has the power to open ticket for FESCo meeting. The same power as
other Fedora community members.

Actually I would be very interested to hear why there should not be
"auto-approving". Please enlighten me.

Vít