[RFC] - Disabling PIRQ table fallback in biosdevname

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at lesbg.com
Fri Dec 7 06:08:47 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 00:02 +0530, Narendra_K at Dell.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a request to disable to PIRQ (PCI Irq Routing Table) fallback
> in upstream biosdevname.   This change would result in network device
> naming changing to ethN on systems where SMBIOS type 41 and type 9
> records are not present.

I wouldn't mind seeing this.  I have a number of servers operating as
ovirt nodes that I've moved into different hardware, and the PIRQ
fallback bit me a time or two, until I disabled biosdevname completely.

But, to be fair, I haven't had much use for biosdevname in my day-to-day
work anyway, so I'm probably biased.

Jonathan