What would it take to make Software Collections work in Fedora?

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 10:10:47 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Migration time is the perfect time to modernize your application. And the customer will pay the bill no matter what - whether he will pay for the creation of the SC or for modernizing the application. Why would you pay for maintaining some obsolete system when you can make it work in a more supportable way? This sounds really wrong to me. If we speak about people that are fine paying certain amount for maintaining SC every couple of months until it becomes impossible to maintain the app and they pay even more to write new app I would say that your definition of lowest cost is quite short sided.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team