Where are we going? (Not a rant)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Dec 7 15:51:01 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 15:40 +0100, Caterpillar wrote:
> The unique and most impotant negative feedback I had it when I
> upgraded a system from Fedora 14 to 15, that was the upgrade from
> Gnome 2 to Gnome 3.
>> Fedora community should test big transitions like Gnome 2->3 for a
> longer period of time

FWIW if it was running Fedora 14 and the user was content with it, I
probably wouldn't have upgraded to Fedora 15. You could have waited 6
months and gone straight to Fedora 16. GNOME 3 was a bit better by then.

I upgrade my *own* machines fairly aggressively — this box has been
running Fedora 18 since August 31st for example. But I don't necessarily
upgrade everyone's machine to *every* Fedora release.

--
dwmw2