grub (v1) in f18?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Dec 7 19:15:11 UTC 2012

On 12/07/2012 07:59 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 06:49:25PM +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>> My comment was simply on the "if you have both" part: it's not
>> really possible to have both without playing dirty tricks, so even
>> the "if" is pretty moot.
>
> My point is that it's not really possible to have *grub* without playing
> tricks (maybe not dirty ones).

Sure, I'm not arguing to the contrary :)

>> Yes, I think we're both trying to say the same thing: there's no
>> point having 'grub' in the repositories as its not installable or
>> usable in practise. The same goes for bunch of other obsoleted
>> packages as well.
>
> Are there other obsoleted packages in the F18 repo?

Yes there are, see
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/buildsys/2012-November/004004.html
for a few examples of obsoleted packages that are not only in the
repositories but getting pulled into DVD images too (or at least were at
the time, haven't looked after that).

> Is there a good way to
> look for them and to clean them up before release?

Should be doable with repoquery, but a custom script is likely to do a
better job. I can have a look when I'm a bit more awake than now, its
not exactly rocket science anyway.

	- Panu -