Where are we going? (Not a rant)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 23:19:22 UTC 2012

On 12/08/2012 05:07 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Arun SAG <sagarun at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Completely agree on this one. In my day job we started using Fedora as one
>> of our desktop os. Then support  issues and upgrade cycle started giving
>> nightmares to corp IT. They are looking at other avenues now. I really wish
>> there is a LTS release for this awesome distro -  Fedora.
> Why does there need to be a long-term support for Fedora? Why not just
> use Red Hat Enterprise Linux?

Prize + Community which is why so many use RHEL clones instead of Red
Hat it self.

Alot of corporate that I know have the policy to only deploy RHEL if the
application running on top of the OS lists it as required for support.

If the relevant application does not deploy one of RHEL clones.

I should also mention when I speak of LTS release I'm just speaking of 2
- 3 year release cycle.

If you need anything more than that you certainly should be
deploying/using RHEL or one of it's clones.

JBG