[rawhide] (was Re: Where are we going? (Not a rant))

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Mon Dec 10 02:21:45 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> Le dimanche 09 décembre 2012 à 15:18 -0800, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky a
> écrit :
>
>> There's no way I can run my laptop on Rawhide - it's dual-booted with
>> Windows 8 Pro and Fedora 18. But I do have an ancient crash-and-burn
>> workstation I can run Rawhide on. It's currently dual-booted Fedora 18
>> and Linux Mint 14, but I rarely run the Mint part and I could easily
>> convert that partition to Rawhide or even blow away Fedora 18 and Mint
>> in favor of Rawhide.
>
> What about doing a triple boot, if you share swap and /home, you can get
> enough space to install a 3rd distro, no ?

It's not worth the effort - the machine is the first dual-core Athlon
ever built, the USB ports are either dead or 1.1, the NVidia card is
mucked up and it only has 4 GB of RAM. I do most of my testing in VMs
on the 8 GB laptop under virt-manager on Fedora or VirtualBox and
VMware Workstation on Windows. I've also got the Client Hyper-V
feature of Windows 8 Pro on the laptop but it needs a wired network to
function coherently. I'll probably haul the workstation down to
FreeGeek and just make the laptop my workstation. Rawhide's fine in a
VM. ;-)
--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://znmeb.github.com/Computational-Journalism-Publishers-Workbench/

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?