Where are we going? (Not a rant)

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 09:39:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/

> On Linux, your choices are:
> 1)  Install from source or packages may be available from the developer and
> take the risk that they might not play nice with the rest of the system.

Which is not really different from how it works on other OSes, is it?

The linux packages (.rpm, .deb) from the URL mentioned above bundle ~all
libs except libc.so and install into /opt.

> 2)  Wait for the next OS release.

3) do the necessary work and build the packages yourself (bonus point:
publish them in a repo for other people who might want to use newer
libreoffice in old Fedora)

D.