Am I the only one who missed the election?

Brian C. Lane bcl at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 14:50:59 UTC 2012

I just saw the Fedora election results, and was surprised to learn there
had been an election. After some digging I figured out what happened.

Robyn sends her announce emails to: announce@, devel-announce@,
test-announce@

I saw the nomination email and the election results email, but no
announcement of the elections being open.

This is because Ankur Sinha didn't send the announcement to the same set
of lists. I am apparently not on announce, only on devel-announce

Emails like this should see a wide distribution, at the *least* they
should be sent to the same set of lists that the other related emails
are sent to. I suspect that the election turnout would have been greater
if this had happened.