Am I the only one who missed the election?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 15:10:54 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> I just saw the Fedora election results, and was surprised to learn
> there
> had been an election. After some digging I figured out what happened.
>
> Robyn sends her announce emails to: announce@, devel-announce@,
> test-announce@
>
> I saw the nomination email and the election results email, but no
> announcement of the elections being open.
>
> This is because Ankur Sinha didn't send the announcement to the same
> set
> of lists. I am apparently not on announce, only on devel-announce

I think this is not good - every contributor should be subscribed to
announce list (with cla_done).

> Emails like this should see a wide distribution, at the *least* they
> should be sent to the same set of lists that the other related emails
> are sent to. I suspect that the election turnout would have been
> greater
> if this had happened.

I agree. Looking on Robyn's statistics, seems it wasn't affected
compared to F18 elections but definitely - more votes, better. Still
I'd like to say thanks to Ankur as it was probably worst possible time
to begin as Election Wrangler - from scheduling side etc.

Jaroslav