Am I the only one who missed the election?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 16:35:52 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:59:03 -0600, inode0 wrote:
>
> > Looks like it was sent to the devel list as well.
> >
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-December/174779.html
>
> 417 messages in December so far! Too easy to miss the announcement,
> if one doesn't pay attention to that list for some time. Even if it's
> just
> for a few days, the elections are not open long enough.
>
> > > Emails like this should see a wide distribution, at the *least*
> > > they
> > > should be sent to the same set of lists that the other related
> > > emails
> > > are sent to. I suspect that the election turnout would have been
> > > greater
> > > if this had happened.
> >

> > People working on the elections certainly try to make the community
> > aware of the elections. Unfortunately we never seem to be able to
> > get
> > everyone's attention.
>
> Well, could you *please* decide on a list (or a well-defined set of
> lists)
> where to announce _future_ elections for sure?
>
> It may be helpful to analyze what has gone wrong this time, but
> that's
> useless if no attempts are made at trying to improve for the next
> election.

I really like to see all contributors subscribed to one announce list.
And I was surprised when I realized, after four years in Fedora, that
announce list is optional (maybe I did not need it as I still have
start.fpo as homepage) - just when I tried to sent an announcement and
it was rejected... Elections reminder should receiver every contributor
with CLA.

For your question - how the lists are used - usually based on when
sender sends it. All announce lists are moderated.

Jaroslav