Am I the only one who missed the election?

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 17:29:35 UTC 2012

On 10 December 2012 16:02, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers#Join_the_important_Mailing_Lists
>> >

>> It's probably sensible to be subscribed to announce if you're a
>> contributor, but not all contributors are package maintainers, so this
>> isn't quite sufficient.
>
> Did anyone claim that? - No.
>
> Years ago I've suggested creating a list where to address all contributors.
> One list that would be mandatory to subscribe to.
> Not multiple lists.

Sorry, I misunderstood. You mailed with only a link to a page for
people wishing to become package maintainers and the section listing
mailing lists that package maintainers should be subscribed to. It
seemed you were suggesting that as a solution to the problem. Your
follow up email makes it clearer that you were intending to take a
very different position (that there are too many lists with not well
enough defined purposes), but it's hard to extract that from this link
only.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk