grub (v1) in f18?

Alek Paunov alex at declera.com
Wed Dec 12 03:21:32 UTC 2012

Hi Rich,

On 07.12.2012 18:54, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> Well this is a more general question about virtualization.  I agree
> that it's sometimes more convenient to use an external kernel and
> initrd to boot a guest, and libvirt supports this mode (see the
> <kernel> and <initrd> in libvirt XML).  But:

We are using libvirt in the above fashion for a while - with a little
help from salt recently (on every yum (kernel) update the host changes
the dom definition for the appropriate guest via the python (libvirt)
bindings)

Our disks for the VMs are regular ext4 LVs (without partitions and
bootloaders)

Thank you for the great platform!
Alek