Compiling my suggestions made in this list

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Thu Dec 13 21:38:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

1 - Here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Input_device_configuration#system-setup-keyboard

we need update this because:
Command system-setup-keyboard is not present in F18, now we got
localectl set-x11-keymap.

And need review system-config-keyboard ?

2 - as wrote and suggest in other email, that I agree is
overwrite /etc/sysconfig/keyboard with following content:

# This file is obsolete and may be removed, its settings
# were migrated on <date> by running:
# localectl set-x11-keymap....

3 - Seeing
cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-system-setup-keyboard.conf
# This file is autogenerated by system-setup-keyboard. Any
# modifications will be lost.

I remembered that Fedora also could make system-config-synaptics like
others system-configs to configure enable and disable Tap of synaptics
and create/manage /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/01-touchpad.conf

4 -The wiki page Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum have instructions that we
should know and do, in every type of upgrade .

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#3._Clean_Stuff
we should do this in any case .

5 -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#6._Preparing_for_reboot
this link in others method of upgrades should be mention in case of boot
fails.
Also misses (I think), how prepare a bootable rescue mode in case of
grub install fails. I wrote sometime ago :
http://www.serjux.com/freedos_boot/Create-a-bootable-rescue.txt

6 - Other thing, that could be not ready for F18 release date, but is
important, in my point of view, is Fedup be able to upgrade F16 to F18 .

7 - Fedup correctly writes: "package foo needs 100M" etc
But at the end don't explain that transaction fails because "need more
free space on disk before upgrade"

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.