[@core] minimal install size assessment, f17 vs. f18

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 18:40:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 11:12 -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 19 December 2012 10:58, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 18:34 +0100, Thomas Bendler wrote:
> >> 2012/12/18 Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
> >>         Just for interest, here's the current (and likely final) state
> >>         of
> >>         minimal install package set for f18 vs. f17.
> >>         [...]
> >>

> >> Can you also point to a page with the hole list of packages in
> >> minimal? Otherwise you need to know what was allready in minimal back
> >> in f17.
> >
> > Oh dear, sorry, I just rebooted and lost that data (I tend to keep this
> > kind of file in /tmp). I could re-generate it if you're really
> > interested.

> :). I see what you did just there :)

Hm? No snark intended, I keep them in /tmp precisely *because* I want
them to get wiped on reboot, it's a convenient spot to put, well,
_temporary_ things in - otherwise they wind up cluttering up my home
dir.

> In actuallity.. I was wondering more about the size differences than
> the number of packages. That is what usually gets the complaints.

Oh, okay. I think the sizes were pretty similar so I didn't include
them, but if I get a minute I'll check again.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey