Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2012-12-19)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Dec 19 22:56:36 UTC 2012

Tomas Mraz wrote:
>   * AGREED: 1. systemd is granted an exception to put helper
>     applications in /usr/lib/systemd  (t8m, 19:03:17)
>   * AGREED: 2. the systemd unit files of all the packages are granted an
>     exception to be under /usr/lib/systemd  (t8m, 19:03:33)

Yuck! I really don't see why we should be granting this type of exceptions.
libexec and share exist for a reason. Helper binaries need to be in libexec,
unit files in share, I think allowing systemd to dump everything (and in
particular 64-bit stuff) to lib is setting a horrible precedent.

        Kevin Kofler