prefered way of configuring X11 keyboard layouts in F18

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Dec 20 20:08:13 UTC 2012

Le Jeu 20 décembre 2012 20:04, Bill Nottingham a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot (nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net) said:
>> If you really want to support console keyboard layouts in systemd, you
>> need to start generating console layouts from xkb-config, not adopt the
>> old anaconda mapping bandaid
>
> There's already a bug for this, but the runtime perl dependencies it
> introduced were deemed too much, as I recall.

The alternative would be to pre-generate console layouts in an xkb-config
subpackage, but I guess that would be a lot of data given how modular
xkb-config is nowadays. One way or another, correct console i18n is going
to be more expensive than the limited choices in the kbd layout database.

--
Nicolas Mailhot