Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2012-12-19)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 01:50:03 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 01:06:13AM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Thu, 20.12.12 12:02, Toshio Kuratomi (a.badger at gmail.com) wrote:
>

> > FPC will write into the Guidelines (probably where libexec is mentioned
> > since that's where the note about being able to use %{_libdir} as an
> > alternative to %{_libexecdir} is ) that the systemd helper binaries and
> > unitfiles have been granted a special exception to install into
> > %{_prefix}/lib instead of %{_libdir}.
> >
> > This should mean that nothing changes in the systemd packages or in packages
> > which provide unitfiles.  They are already installing into those locations.
>
> I'd much prefer if FPC/FESCO would actually just do the right thing,
> forget about libexec (since it's a pointless, sometimes dangerous,
> confused thing and not available on any other distribution), and declare
> that lib/<package> is the place for package-specific stuff and
> share/<package> the place that is shared between packages.
>
> Just making systemd the exception sounds like chickening out from the
> real solution which is to end this Fedoraism.

Well really it's us not wanting to fight to make you do the right thing any
longer.  If you want us to take a stand please continue to talk about your
way being the one and only right way until someone's heroic enough to stand
up to your attitude.

/me will stop trying to help you guys out by actively seeking to reevaluate
old conflicts in which you formerly lost out in light of new guidelines that
might change how we would fairly evaluate your situation.

-Toshio