Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2012-12-19)

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Fri Dec 21 03:22:45 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 4:05 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-12-20 at 18:54 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
>> A systemd-specific exception works for systemd, fine, but it doesn't
>> really seem to address the root problem.
>
> To further elaborate: the 'root problem', it seems to me, is that this
> 'Fedoraism' as Lennart calls it results in one of two things:
>
> 1) we have to carry downstream patches or spec file stuff to relocate
> things to /usr/libexec (and, possibly, tell other things that those
> things have been relocated)
Per my reading of the FHS (but this is ultimately up to FPC), binaries
that "other things" refer to belong strictly in /usr/bin and nowhere
in /usr/lib*, so the more complex case should never arise.  What is
the left is the simpler case of relocating files within a package,
something that happens quite frequently for other reasons as well.
   Mirek