Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2012-12-19)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Dec 21 03:57:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:10:45 -0800
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hm, I missed the point that the exception is for lib/foo vs.
> %libdir/foo (arched vs. non-arched). That makes it a more complex
> three-way argument. But I think the point about libexecdir being
> pointless still stands.

IMHO, libexecdir is not part of this at all... we already have:

"If upstream's build scripts support the use of %{_libexecdir} then
that is the most appropriate place to configure it (eg. passing
--libexecdir=%{libexecdir}/%{name} to autotools configure). If
upstream's build scripts do not support that, %{_libdir}/%{name} is a
valid second choice. "

It's all about the choice of lib instead of %{_libdir}.

I'd love to see this changed/fixed down the road, but it's a lot of
documentation and moving around.

kevin