Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2012-12-19)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Dec 21 04:38:17 UTC 2012

On 12/21/2012 12:27 AM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:30:37PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
>> Thanks, but I think the bit I'm mising is why can't systemd use
>> libexec?  (Apart from their declaration that libexec is wrong or not
>> the de-facto standard they themselves made up, which is not a reason).
>
> Because libexec doesn't exist on most other distributions,
libexecdir is part of the GNU standards for ages.

Other distros set --libexecdir=/usr/lib instead of providing a separate one.

> and systemd
> aims to offer consistent interfaces across distributions.

I disagree. systemd simply hasn't taken libexecdir into account in its
design and now is trying to propagate their oversight/mistake as
"standard" instead of making their works compliant with _our_ distro's
demands.

Ralf