PSA: updates-testing default disabled now

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Dec 22 09:16:28 UTC 2012

Hi!

On 21.12H.2012 18:34, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Just a heads up to everyone using f18 right now:
>
> with fedora-release-18-1 that just pushed out to updates-testing
> yesterday, the updates-testing repo is now by default disabled.
> [...]

I for one find it annoying having to fiddle with the repo files every
few months to make sure testing stays enabled (which I and likely others
often forgot, which is not what Fedora wants). Yeah, it's just a small
and IMO slightly confusing detail, but those small annoying details can
add up and make people unhappy, I'd say.

Hence the question: isn't there a easy way to avoid this somehow in the
future? Could bodhi maybe modified to simply push everything straight to
the unused "updates" repo instead of updates-testing while a distro is
still under heavy development (e.g. up to this point for F18)? Yes, I
know, the behaviour would be different then from a updates repo for a
stable release, but it's a distro under development anyway and hence
different rules apply in any case.

Cu
knurd