PSA: updates-testing default disabled now

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 14:32:07 UTC 2012

On 12/22/2012 04:16 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hence the question: isn't there a easy way to avoid this somehow in
> the future? Could bodhi maybe modified to simply push everything
> straight to the unused "updates" repo instead of updates-testing while
> a distro is still under heavy development (e.g. up to this point for
> F18)? Yes, I know, the behaviour would be different then from a
> updates repo for a stable release, but it's a distro under development
> anyway and hence different rules apply in any case.

I have suggested this before in FUDCon and I am obviously in favor of
it.  When the release is stable, to differentiate stable updates from
testing updates is important however when the entire release is under
testing, differentiating is far less necessary and one would say even a
unnecessary hassle.  Use the updates repo directly and when the release
is going into freeze mode or whatever, just announce that instead and
switch on to using the updates-testing repo at that point

Rahul