Fedora 17’s unified filesystem (/usr-move)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 04:58:14 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 02:38 +0100, Kay Sievers wrote:

> > Installation fails at partitioning stage, with udisksd hitting "Error
> > opening /etc/crypttab file: Failed to open file '/etc/crypttab': No such
> > file or directory (g-file-error-quark, 4)"
> >
> > The file /etc/crypttab indeed doesn't exist. I'm not sure if this is
> > actually specific to the /usr move stuff, but it does prevent me being
> > able to ensure that installation works from a /usr-moved live image. I
> > have a non-usr-move image also, I'll test install with that.
>
> Sounds unlikely that this is related. But tests should show.
>
> Unrelated: Do you know if the installer uses udisks? If, it should
> probably switch to the current udisks2, because udisks will not much
> longer be supported, and we should people give a note about that.

Confirmed that this bug is not related to /usr move. I'm working with
anaconda team now to try and get an anaconda that's actually capable of
completing a live install, with or without the /usr move stuff.

I'm not sure if anaconda uses udisks directly, or if it's something else
calling udisksd. The udisksd error may not actually have been the cause
of the anaconda crash, according to bcl.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey