Unity For Fedora (As in OpenSUSE or Arch)

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Thu Feb 2 14:23:35 UTC 2012

Let it go kevin ...

I know there are a bunch of gnome happy users (and of course the devs),
but there are probably less now than earlier ...

A limited sample but everyone I know - all of whom were gnome users - no
longer use gnome - they have all switched to either kde or xfce (each
with its own issues to be sure).

gnome may just kill itself off ... leave it in peace to die or grow in a
direction that people will follow.

So then the only question that remains is how those useful gnome apps
will integrate on the popular DE's ...

Market pressure will ensure that useful apps play nice on the dominant
DE's ... whether its gnome or something else.

so ... don't worry about it ... the market will dictate the right
outcome ... :-)

I think you might be consider working with app developers / library
integrators instead on how to make their apps integrate better ...
thunderbird for example could use a little help better integrating with
kde desktop.

 gene