Unity For Fedora (As in OpenSUSE or Arch)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Feb 2 21:04:03 UTC 2012

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Samba is a project written specifically to interoperate with Windows,
> because the developers involved felt that interoperability was more
> important than the flaws in the SMB spec (to the extent that any such
> thing existed).

My point is that interoperability between the Free desktops is more
important than the flaws in any of the specs involved! Our applications are
all going to run on the same machines, so we should strife for an integrated
experience rather than gratuitous incompatibilities due to differences of
opinion on the letter of a spec.

        Kevin Kofler