Unity For Fedora (As in OpenSUSE or Arch)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Feb 2 21:38:19 UTC 2012

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> And the people working on Gnome feel that adopting a bad specification
> would cost more than enhancing this interoperability would provide.

And that's exactly my complaint: GNOME doesn't give a darn about
compatibility with other desktops and isn't willing to make ANY sacrifices
for compatibility. ALL the recent work on interoperability came from the KDE
camp (and/or, more recently, from Canonical). As a striking example, BOTH
the Qt theme to look like GTK+ (QGtkStyle) and the GTK+ themes to look like
Qt/KDE (gtk-qt-engine, oxygen-gtk etc.) come from the Qt/KDE camp, GNOME
developers don't care at all about interoperability in either direction.

        Kevin Kofler