Does anyone still need to create legacy HFS filesystems?

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Fri Feb 3 13:56:51 UTC 2012

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> There's various issues with the hfsplus utilities we ship at the moment,
> including the fact that fsck.hfsplus crashes on 64-bit. I'd like to

Glad you're looking at this.  I noticed that recently, too.
I wanted to use fsck.hfsplus in a test to verify that parted's
newly-revived FS-resizing code produces something reasonable,
but fsck.hfsplus itself segfaults.

Can you point me to the latest upstream sources?

I started with the fedora spec file from hfsplus-tools (since that
provides /sbin/fsck.hfs), but its URL is now invalid:

Source0: http://darwinsource.opendarwin.org/tarballs/apsl/diskdev_cmds-%{version}.tar.gz

Searching around, I ended up at this hg repo:
  https://bitbucket.org/jtotz/hfsprogs
but have my doubts...