Branching F17

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Feb 3 16:51:29 UTC 2012

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:39:05 +0000
Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/02/12 16:11, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > From:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Schedule
> >
> > 2012-02-07	 Branch Fedora 17 from Rawhide-- Branch Freeze
> >
> > kevin
> >

> Do we then use that with our /usrmove test boxes.
>
> Or is Branched to be kept with current-rawhide boxes?

I'm not sure I understand the question. ;)

As far as usrmove, rpm has been now updated on the builders, so I think
the next steps are:

- Feature owners need to check their packages in the f17-usrmove tag
  against current rawhide, and those packages that rebuilt in rawhide
  dropping their patch need to be repatched and rebuilt into
  f17-usrmove.

- Once thats done, f17-usrmove needs to be tagged back into rawhide.

- Whatever the current method of migrating should be announced
  (devel-announce at least).

Hopefully that happens before branching.

kevin