filesystem

darrell pfeifer darrellpf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 00:27:49 UTC 2012

As far as I've seen on the list, the /usr move stuff was supposed to be
confined by tagging to f17-usermove so it wouldn't affect rawhide until the
big switch was pulled.

Trying to update from koji (which will appear in rawhide tomorrow) gives

-----------------------------

Upgrade  2 Packages

Total size: 2.0 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running Transaction Check
ERROR You need to update rpm to handle:
rpmlib(X-CheckUnifiedSystemdir) is needed by filesystem-3-2.fc17.x86_64
RPM needs to be updated
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

There is no update to rpm available in koji.

Systemd  39-3 also shows up in koji because it is tagged both for f17 and
f17-usrmove. Filesystem is a dependency so it won't update either. There
are also several others, all with depend on filesystem (so it looks like
the change to filesystem is the root of the problem)

At some point I'm more than happy to do the /usr move, but it looks like at
the moment rawhide is effectively going to be forced in that direction.

darrell