why is gurb-menu hidden as default?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Feb 6 14:16:40 UTC 2012

Am 06.02.2012 15:07, schrieb Tomasz Torcz:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 02:55:38PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> who decided that it is a good idea to hide the grub-menu?
>
> It was F10 feature: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/BetterStartup
> I believe showing GRUB2 menu is a regression which will be
> fixed before F17 release.

what regression?

i speak about that GENERALLY the boot-maanger should be VISIBLE
in Feodra as also in RHEL and not hidden, to hide the option
boot with the previous kernel for everybody since years
degrades the whole OS because if a new kernel does not boot
and a new user does not know how to get the boot menu while
he is owning only this machine prevents him to boot it

on the other hand if we display the boot menu even a totally
new user would see it and have a good chance to start his machine