why is gurb-menu hidden as default?

Petr Ĺ abata contyk at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 16:44:43 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 05:38:51PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 06.02.2012 17:35, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> > On 02/06/2012 10:01 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> >

> >> it was refreshed for me with the question below
> >> without such idiotic changes this sort of problems
> >> would simply not exist and people would learn to
> >> use their OS instead obfuscate all options from
> >> the users like windows
> >>
> >> what does this user if he has no other computer
> >> for his question?
> >
> > You should ask the CentOS user that question instead of asking people
> > who cannot possibly know that and it is off topic here.  Let's limit
> > discussions to Fedora development in this list.  If you have a GRUB
> > specific concern, file a bug report.
>
> it is a "Fedora development" discussion and no there is not
> a bugreport the right answer because it is a WRONG desicion
> made in Fedora some releases ago to hide the boot-menu

I am completely happy with a hidden menu and if it wasn't like that by default,
I'd just change my grub settings.  That's my opinion and taste, different from
yours.  Ha.

Teach them how to display the menu if needed or reconfigure the software to
suit their needs.

Oh, and could stop posting hate emails with insulting tone all the time?

-P