[Guidelines Change] Changes to the Packaging Guidelines

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 08:38:58 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Bohuslav Kabrda < bkabrda at redhat.com
> > wrote:

> > "Distributions may install software in /opt"
>

> > What do you find vague about this sentence?
>

> Refer to what Ralf quoted and compare and contrast.

> Rahul

Yes, Ralf says how a sentence from FHS "is meant to be interpreted". I'm giving you a clear statement, that distributions may install software into /opt. Is the interpretation that Ralf is mentioning an official interpretation of FHS authors? Because if not, you are clearly preferring your interpretations over a clear statement. Or is there something more that I don't see?

--

Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.