/usrmove?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Wed Feb 8 14:15:32 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 07:59:39AM -0500, Genes MailLists wrote:

>   For many of us its a bad trend to see - and creates an impression that
> a few pushy folks are wresting control - rather than things being
> accepted based on merit and good work.

Things happen in Fedora because people work on them. The project is
constructed in a way to make it possible for people to do things - we
have very little in the way of procedures to *prevent* people from doing
what they want.

The idea of someone wresting control implies that there was someone else
who had control in the first place. The project doesn't have any
technical leadership (fesco is there to facilitate things, not to
provide any real direction - with hindsight, "steering" was probably
not a good word to use there), so unless an alternative is presented
with clear technical argument backing it up, anything a group of
developers wants to do is going to end up happening.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org