/usrmove?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 21:56:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 12:49 -0900, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > "The objectives of the Alpha release are to:
> >
> >    Publicly release installable media versions of a feature complete
> > test release
> >    Test accepted features of Fedora 17
> >    Identify as many F17Beta blocker bugs as possible
> >    Identify as many F17Blocker blocker bugs as possible"
>
> And in this scope. Inability to upgrade would be such a Beta blocker, methinks.

Sure. But the above doesn't mean that beta and final blockers should be
*fixed* in Alpha (obviously not). The point is that the Alpha exists *in
order to be used for the discovery of bugs that will block Beta and
Final*. i.e., we need an Alpha release to test upgrading, find out that
it's broken, and file a bug that blocks the Beta release. :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey