/usrmove?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 23:21:20 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012 04:46 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:

> I personally would likely be opposed to such a change, just on the
> grounds (as stated earlier) that we really can't get too strict at Alpha
> stage. Remember, people always want us to stop slipping releases, and
> the slips quite often happen at Alpha stage. ISTR upgrading was broken
> at Alpha stage in F16; if we'd been obliged to have upgrading working by
> Alpha, maybe the F16 release would have been delayed *another* week, and
> QA and anaconda teams would have lost even _more_ sleep.

I would request that you bring it up in the next QA meeting and discuss
it even if you are opposed to it.  As far as Fedora 16 alpha problem is
concerned, I think you are optimizing at the wrong level.  Changes that
destabilize the release to that extend has to be handled in a different
branch or split out or postponed.

Rahul