/usrmove?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Feb 9 00:36:53 UTC 2012

On 2/8/12 4:30 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> it is a very good idea because the overall quality of fedora would
> be improved if there would be a larger release-blocking to get
> the big changes fixed BEFORE alpha and in the meantime not involved
> maintainers could proceed fixing the tons of small bugs and polish
> the distribution at all - there are really neough rough corners
> involved in the last releases to work on that there is no need
> to proceed this way of releasing and starting alpha/beta with
> known broken things

The entire point of having alpha/beta releases is to get wide testing
without having everything "perfect".  If it were perfect, it'd be the
release.  So you have relaxed requirements for earlier stages of the
release.

In this case, anaconda upgrades is not a required functionality for the
Alpha release.  It is required however for Beta.  We can go ahead with
Alpha and get wider testing on everything else, while anaconda team and
others work on the upgrade issue, and hope to have it fixed by Beta time.

This is how software development works.

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk