/usrmove?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 9 00:49:13 UTC 2012

Am 09.02.2012 01:44, schrieb Reindl Harald:
>> This is how software development works.
>
> the with every release worser overall-quality shows
> clearly that software development does NOT work this
> way over the long
>
> seeing how dramatically the release quality of many
> opensource software gets lower and lower the last
> years this is the wrong direction
>
> there were times where opensource software was very careful
> with 1.0 releases and "we are done" until it really worked
> because the developers liked to release really good software
>
> these days more and more developers have only the target
> to release with "hopefully good enough" state, if "good enough"
> is the target finally nothing will be really good
>
> the target should ALWAYS be perfect and finally it can be
> considered what is not really needed and were a compromise
> can be made - if you starting with "hopefully good enough"
> you will end in poor quality at all

to say it in other words:

the overall release-quality of fedora was MUCH better as long
Redhat controlled it and before everybody could propose hughe
changes in all sorts of subsystems as long he finds some
peopole agree and not enough disagreing loud enough

hopefully if /usrmove is done and the systemd-transition is
really finished fedora will come back to the quality of
the days where i started to love this distribution