/usrmove?

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 08:47:08 UTC 2012

On 08/02/12 01:08, David wrote:
> 1) Will /usrmove already be 'done' in the Fedora 17 test ISO's?

1:
It's already done on the Nightlies, so my guess is LiveCD will be fine
for installs.

> 2) Will Rawhide have a simple 'do this step-by-step' for the already
> existing Rawhide /usr/move?

dvd\boot iso as should be painless as existing sysmlinks
should be followed. Once rc3 is there, some testing can be done.

> 3) Will /usrmove be painless for those updating Fedora 16 or Fedora 15
> or will we be biried for weeks with complaints of failed upgrades?

3:
If Anaconda isn't finished in time.
My option would be to tell people
use the steps for "yum upgrade"
untils /convertfs is done.

I don't know which q, I tried to answer with what.
As parts of them intertwine with each other.

This from an average user.
Who doesn't look under the bonnet too opten.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy,
UTF_8 Encoded