/usrmove?

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 09:40:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 10:06 +0100, drago01 wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Tomas Mraz <tmraz at redhat.com> wrote:

> >> So, just to be clear, you're saying that even if usrmove had landed in
> >> an entirely perfect and complete form the day after F16 branched, it
> >> should still have been rejected?
> >
> > You're talking about completely theoretical situation nobody is arguing
> > on.
>
> Well Keven wrote  "UsrMove should have been unapproved, not only for
> F17, but forever." ... so he just oppose the feature per se not its
> state.

Perhaps he thinks that "entirely perfect and complete form of UsrMove"
is impossibility and that the cons will always overweight the pros in
case of this feature. I certainly think it is impossibility to do an
entirely perfect and complete form of UsrMove. I don't say that I
wouldn't accept "almost perfect and complete form with better gains than
presented currently" but talking about "entirely perfect and complete
form of anything" is nonsense.

And I do not want to speak for Kevin - he certainly could mean other
things with his quoted phrase.
--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb