/usrmove?

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Fri Feb 10 14:01:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 08:07:11AM -0500, Steve Clark wrote:
> On 02/10/2012 05:28 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:
> >On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 01:11:06AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >>Yes, I'm arguing that the "feature" is undesirable by design and should not
> >>have been approved, not for Fedora 17, not for Fedora 18, not even for
> >>Fedora 31337.
> >It has been approved, other distributions are following. It is very
> Hmmm...  a google search of "linux distributions implementing usrmove"
> only turned up Fedora related links.

I talked to people at FOSDEM (regarding systemd, /usr, etc).

As mentioned, openSUSE is watching closely (but will wait until Fedora
solves the pain). Furthermore, likely Mageia 3 (2 is not out).

Regarding your Google query, I don't expect "linux distributions" to
help you much. Quick query gives you:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2011-11/msg01398.html
Lots of good feedback. Initial emails are all really positive.

But, IMO, often easier to ask the people who make things happen (FOSDEM,
etc).

--
Regards,
Olav