Feature process (was: Re: /usrmove?)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 16:43:27 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 02:20:25PM +0100, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Scott Schmit <i.grok at comcast.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:58:32AM +0100, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> >> The feature process is currently being revised, and at least some of
> >> these issues have been brought up at
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fixing_features .  What would be
> >> especially useful is to find ways to improve the feature process.
> >
> > Is it? Looking at the history of that page, there was a lot of activity
> > on the page in June, and then a blip of activity in November, and then
> > nothing again until this month.
> >
> > The deadline stated on the page for next steps is long past. It sounds
> > like maybe you know about something going on behind the scenes that I
> > don't? Care to share?
>
> Te dates indeed appear to be incorrect.  I was referring to
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.advisory-board/10356

Yes, it's been stalled for a while.  I've taken it up as a responsibility to
get it moving again.  I think that part of it will be changing the deadlines
at which things can and/or need to be done.

Since I've heard a lot of clamour that some features need to be started very
soon after branch (which happened a few days ago), full changes to the
policy will likely not happen until after F18 (but some changes may be
implementable before).

-Toshio