/usrmove?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 17:28:47 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 17:53 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> c) Systemd doesn't seem to preserve existing activated services upon
> update (I recall having to manually activate cron and rsyslog).

This is documented in the common bugs:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F16_bugs#Upgrade_from_previous_releases_resets_the_enablement_status_of_services

(including my extra-special new invented word, 'enablement'!)

Either FESCo or FPC, I forget which, requested that it be done this way,
even though there is a tool in systemd (systemd-sysv-convert) which
should have made it possible to bring over the present status of
services during the upgrade.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey