/usrmove? -> about the future

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 17:42:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> In any case, badmouthing systemd for an upgrade bug where it actually
> works fine *when you're really running F15* doesn't seem right.  I
> wouldn't have had this problem if it'd installed off the Live CD or done
> a fresh install.

Shrug, I don't make it a point to do yum based upgrades across release
boundaries so that would explain why i didn't encounter it.

Did anyone doing and testing the "not supported" upgrade dance to F15
bother filing it at any point?  Obviously people use it regardless of
what the support policy is. I would imagine one of them would file it
as a market for other people who aren't going to follow policy.

I noticed it wasn't list as a common gotcha on the F15 commons bug
page that is maintained to handle these sorts of quibbles. Do we allow
for recognition of the "not supported" upgrade dance in the common
bugs information as a policy or is it the "upgrade path that must not
be named"?

-jef