/usrmove? -> about the future

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 18:00:31 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 18:39 +0100, Michal Schmidt wrote:
> On 02/10/2012 06:33 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > It seems pretty common that updating systemd causes problems with the next
> > shutdown. I don't know why and it is a pain to reproduce since it doesn't
> > happen again on the next reboot.
>
> Did you see the problem with updates within a stable Fedora release?
> Or do you mean updates in Rawhide / Branched?

The one-time case - 'the first time you go from systemd X to systemd Y,
the system won't shut down cleanly' - does seem to affect stable release
upgrades, yeah. But it's a one-time thing, it works fine on all
following boots. It would be nice if systemd could eliminate this in
future, though. If this is what Harald is referring to, I don't disagree
with him, but I thought he was talking about some kind of ongoing bug
where he could *never* get an F15 system to shut down properly.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey