/usrmove?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:23:02 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 09:28:47AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 17:53 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > c) Systemd doesn't seem to preserve existing activated services upon
> > update (I recall having to manually activate cron and rsyslog).
>
> This is documented in the common bugs:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F16_bugs#Upgrade_from_previous_releases_resets_the_enablement_status_of_services
>
> (including my extra-special new invented word, 'enablement'!)
>
> Either FESCo or FPC, I forget which, requested that it be done this way,
> even though there is a tool in systemd (systemd-sysv-convert) which
> should have made it possible to bring over the present status of
> services during the upgrade.

The phrasing of this makes it sound like systemd-sysv-convert is not being
used.  If you look at the guidelines, it is being used to preserve state but
restoring the state of a particular service after a service is upgraded to
use systemd config files is left to the system administrators.  The design
to leave that up to the administrators manuall actually came to FPC from the
systemd developers.

-Toshio