/usrmove? -> having soultion searching problem?

Jon Ciesla limburgher at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:35:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 10.02.2012 20:01, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
>> The IT industry is quite competitive and it advances faster than almost
>> any other industry. The idea of "Hey, let's stop all progress for now,
>> and spend a year on nothing" is not how you get to the top, and I do
>> believe that that's where Fedora and Linux in general belongs. In fact,
>> we probably need to move even quicker rather than slower if we want to
>> outclass the competition comprehensively.
>
> you are meaning this seriously?
>
> change for the sake of change?
> development for doing development?
> having solution searching problem?
>
> WTF do you want to achieve with this attitude?
> what complexes do you want to mask?
>
> do not fix things wich ain't broken!
>
> the is no improvement in waht you are saying!
> this leads in headless development without any target
>
> finally you are saying we will never ever have computers just
> working becasue of people like you which showing users from
> time to time that it is wasted energy to adopt any new things
> because if you are finished the next big change comes
>
> and then you wonder that so many users are frustrated about
> what is going on while very few of them opening their mouth
> on places where you recognize it - but realize that they are
> there and do not wonder why the userbase is going away if
> this attitude will not be stopped!

Things change, things break, things get fixed.  Such is life.  Show me
an operating system or distribution that has undergone any relevant
change in the last 20 years and not had anything break.  It's happened
in most Linux distros.  It happens with OSX releases.  And then
there's that other OS. . .

Frankly, I think we're doing really well. We in this case being not
merely Fedora, but FL/OSS in general.

-J

> --

in your fear, seek only peace