Fedora Studio

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 08:39:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a dream ... that one day we will have a Fedora Audio spin. At the
moment most Fedora audio users rely heavily on the Planet CCRMA
repository for many of their audio packages. Fernando has has spent
countless hours maintaining this repository (thanks!) but If any kind of
Studio/audio spin is going to be realized we need to move the bulk of
these packages into mainline Fedora.

There is no proposal as yet for this spin, as there is still so much
work to be done. I would be very surprised if this could be completed by
F18 - however there are also some really exciting developments in the
Linux audio world, whose releases should really coincide with this
effort here (Ardour3/Ingen/SuperCollider).

Below is a list of some of the packages that I've submitted for review
and would be more than happy to swap - this is just a beginning there
are many more to come. Maintainers/co-maintainers are more than welcome
/ actively encouraged.

Also listed are packages pertaining to the new LV2 stack - an exciting
opensource audio framework that is proving to be a shining light in the
future of Linux audio.

CCRMA
788718 clalsadrv - An ALSA driver C++ library (most of the following
depend on this one)
789255 ebumeter  - Loudness measurement according to
                    EBU-R128
789251 jmeters   - Multichannel audio level meter
789249 jkmeter   - Horizontal or vertical bar-graph audio
                    levels meter
789240 freqtweak - Realtime audio frequency spectral
                    manipulation
789059 jaaa      - JACK and ALSA Audio Analyzer
789055 japa      - JACK and ALSA Perceptual Analyser
789385 ambdec    - an ambiosonics decoder
789390 aeolus    - aeolus organ synthesizer
789391 aeolus-stops - aeolus presets

LV2
788717 lv2-ir    - An LV2 impulse response reverb plugin
784605 lv2-instance-access
		 - An LV2 audio plug-in extension (part of the spec)
783825 suil      - A lightweight C library for loading and wrapping
                    LV2 plugin UIs
789386 lilv      - An LV2 Resource Description Framework Library

My packages awaiting review can be found here [1]

cheers

Brendan

[1]
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=Fedora&product=Fedora&component=Package%20Review&bug_status=NEW&emailreporter1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=brendan.jones.it%40gmail.com