Heads up: Ruby 1.9.3 landed in Rawhide

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Feb 11 15:42:53 UTC 2012

On Monday, February 06, 2012 09:31:50 AM Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
> Ruby 1.9.3 has finally made it into Rawhide, there are still few more
> packages that need to be built, but otherwise the transitions was
> successful.
>
> Please note again, that soname has been bumped to 1.9.1 and license is
> changed from GPLv2 or Ruby to BSD or Ruby, as already announced.

Would have been nice if this project had kicked off rebuilds like other soname
bump projects do. :)  I'm finding a problem with my package. According to the
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Ruby guidelines, I should be doing the
ruby_sitearch macro. But this seems to point to /usr/local/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/
and I would have expected it to be somewhere else like /usr/lib64/ruby/...

Did this really change to /usr/local/lib64/ruby/? The "local" part is throwing
off my package.

-Steve