ConsoleKit in F17

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 18:28:05 UTC 2012

As part of the ckremoval feature [1], things have been steadily ported away from ConsoleKit api to logind.

While we hope to complete this for the desktop spin, we don't expect all spins to be free of ConsoleKit users in time for F17. Therefore, we need to make sure that CK continues to function - which is why we've put pam-ck-connector into the gdm pam stacks today. Spins which need ConsoleKit should make sure that they have a dependency on it somewhere (or pull it in via comps), since gdm has no hard dependency on it anymore.

Matthias

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ckremoval